Calcium hypochlorite Suppliers
Calcium hypochlorite is an inorganic compound with formula Ca(ClO)2. It is a white solid, although commercial samples appear yellow. It strongly smells of chlorine, owing to its slow decomposition in moist air. It is preferably used in soft to medium-hard water.
Chemtex’s Calcium Hypochlorite in powder form contains more amount of available chlorine compared to sodium hypochlorite. It also reports low chlorine loss owing to the absence of heavy metal impurities.
Main applications of the product include sanitation of public swimming pools and disinfection of drinking water.
Key features of Calcium Hypochlorite:
- It is a concentrated form of more than 34% available chlorine compared to 10 – 12% in Sodium Hypochlorite
- It is more stable than liquid Sodium Hypochlorite when stored properly
- It has low chlorine loss even in changing climatic conditions
- Used as a powerful oxidizer
- Free flowing and soluble in cold water